2 1/2 tbsp Paleo friendly salsa
1/2 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
8 1/2 slices of good quality bacon (gluten, nitrate & nitrite, and sugar free), cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 - 1 tbsp cooking fat
Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat 1/2 tbsp of cooking fat over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Cut the sausages into ½ inch thick slices.
- Once the butter is melted add in the sausages and cook until browned on both sides.
- Remove sausages from the skillet and set aside, cover to keep warm.
- Add 1 tbsp of cooking fat to the same skillet and sauté the onions until soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Next add the apples, salt and pepper, continue cooking until golden and the onions start to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the apple cider and stir everything together.
- Cook for additional 2-3 minutes.
- Arrange the sausages on a platter and cover with apple and onion mixture.
- Top with sage and serve.